Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Clone booted, but cpu at 100%, required prebinding. (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3564)

Bruno_08 02-12-2008 01:13 PM

Yes.

In the meantime, Dave, can you tell me, if you like, how I can integrate with a script SD shell prebinding rebuild ? (I am not very good and every smart update I must return the command in the terminal: \

Sudo update_prebinding-root "/ Volumes / Macintosh HD_clone" Force

Thank you !

dnanian 02-12-2008 01:15 PM

I'm trying to put this together for people. Stand by.

fmlogue 02-12-2008 01:25 PM

No, I don't have an HP scanner. I probably have other background processes running..A whole host, if I look at Activity Monitor, don't know which one might be the culprit.

Bruno_08 02-12-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnanian (Post 17458)
I'm trying to put this together for people. Stand by.

Thanks Dave.

Bruno_08 02-12-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmlogue (Post 17459)
No, I don't have an HP scanner. I probably have other background processes running..A whole host, if I look at Activity Monitor, don't know which one might be the culprit.

Ok.

fmlogue, have u try the Dave's first idea on this issue 11 messages above ?

dnanian 02-12-2008 01:37 PM

There's a new thread with a little script attached -- take a look there.

Bruno_08 02-12-2008 02:53 PM

Thanks

I try it and tell you the result :)

fmlogue 02-12-2008 04:03 PM

I just did a smart update while booted into safe mode, no difference, still had to do the prebinding, then on reboot into the clone, everything was hunky dory. Bruno_8, didn't try the script since it didn't help you. I have Linotype FontExplorer running, do you think that might be the culpert, I think it was running even though I figured safe boot disabled all such stuff.

dnanian 02-12-2008 04:11 PM

See the other post mentioned, which should work (and did for Bruno).

Bruno_08 02-12-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmlogue (Post 17467)
I just did a smart update while booted into safe mode, no difference, still had to do the prebinding, then on reboot into the clone, everything was hunky dory. Bruno_8, didn't try the script since it didn't help you. I have Linotype FontExplorer running, do you think that might be the culpert, I think it was running even though I figured safe boot disabled all such stuff.

I do not use FontExplorer ...

It must be something more vicious ...

As Dave said, see the other post, Dave gave us a script that works with the fire of God, in waiting to find the culprit to the matter before us.

PS : Also, it may be worthwhile if you have the time to test the first idea of Dave, if it worked for you, then we would have there another way of thinking because, after all, must be our configuration differences ..