Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   When ?? (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3256)

Washac 12-03-2007 08:23 AM

When ??

Hi Ya

Have waited but now it is getting to the point where I feel that nobody cares about us paying customers here

I for one do not need or want to backup Time Machine, why would you anyway ?

Does anybody know another decent back up prog for Leopard.

Seems I have paid for a product that is not fit for purpose :(

See ya, off to find another prog...

dnanian 12-03-2007 08:35 AM

Nobody cares? If we didn't care, Washac, we wouldn't be working so hard to ensure things are working right -- we'd just throw whatever we had out there without testing.

bernietheone 12-03-2007 09:19 AM

Read the Blog and wait...!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Washac (Post 15898)
Hi Ya

Have waited but now it is getting to the point where I feel that nobody cares about us paying customers here

This is unfair Sir..., if you read everything here and subscribe to the Blog of this Site then you get more Info then at any other Backup-Software-Publisher out there.

SuperDuper is IMHO the No. 1 Backup-Solution for OS X and as far as i can read between the lines it will get much more attention when it comes out for Leopard (Time-Machine Halo Effekt...), so i think every minute we wait here our beloved SuperDuper! gets better, so:

If Time Machine is the backup-solution for people who likes to live in the past, then SuperDuper! will be the Backup-Solution for People with Backup-Needs for the Future!

(Sorry, i just had a few free minutes...;-)

cheers,

bernie

timlance 12-03-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Hi Ya

What? Do you truly believe Dave (and all the other software developers out there that are in the same boat) are hoarding their apps just for themselves? Loving all the grief that is being laid onto them? Trot on over to Unsanity's blog, or Applejack's, or Onyx's, or ... I hope you get the picture.

TMay 12-04-2007 01:55 AM

Washac

Timlance is SO on the money; there are a lot of developers with the same/similar problems.

But more important (to me) is that Dave in my book is waaay too polite to tell people like you where to get off. I'm saying this NOT because of your frustrations with the delay, etc., which are shared by many, but the juvenile, whiny, troll-like way you express yourself. Do you ever read/edit anything you write before posting it, and if so, do you realize how it reads/sounds?

But you won't see this anyway, since you're "off to find another prog..." Bye bye.

mobius 12-04-2007 06:14 AM

What TMay said!

Bruce

Mark_42 12-04-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Hi Ya

I'm also an SD! user waiting for the update. I'm currently using Carbon Copy Cloner for my backups and I feel uneasy trusting my data so something other than my preferred backup tool.

That being said, I'm not willing to start haranguing the developer to get the new version out. I've been following the various threads here, as well as the blog, and I understand his desire to provide a complete and stable product right out of the gate. Beta versions are fine for applications that will do no harm if they don't work properly, but a program I trust to protect my data is an entirely different matter.

BTW, Time Machine is a fantastic tool. A great addition to a comprehensive backup regimen.

FromageTheDog 12-06-2007 02:06 AM

I'm a touch annoyed reading about new features that they are implementing, which I can only imagine adds to the delay.

Priority # 1 should have been on getting the current functionality ported over to the new platform. Over a month without my primary backup software is stretching the limits a bit.

New features should have been saved for the next +0.01 update. Just my $0.02.

timlance 12-06-2007 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromageTheDog (Post 15956)
I'm a touch annoyed reading about new features that they are implementing, which I can only imagine adds to the delay.

Priority # 1 should have been on getting the current functionality ported over to the new platform. Over a month without my primary backup software is stretching the limits a bit.

New features should have been saved for the next +0.01 update. Just my $0.02.

Hmmm. From my reading I get that these features are unavoidable, that they are part and parcel to the basic copy engine. They can't be helped.

dnanian 12-06-2007 08:11 AM

Trust me that we understand that, and we're not implementing things willy-nilly. The icon preservation 'feature' fell out of some other things we had to do.

steveb 12-06-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromageTheDog (Post 15956)
Over a month without my primary backup software is stretching the limits a bit.

Ya, your damn right. That Dave bloke is an evil MF. I mean, putting a gun to your head, forcing you to upgrade to Leopard, even though he knew damn well your primary backup software was not yet compatible, and still wouldn't be ready over 1 month later! What a git.

What? He didn't hold a gun to your head? Oh, you upgraded out of choice? Knowing full well your primary backup software was not going to work?

As Del Boy would say, "what a right plonker you are".

:D

FromageTheDog 12-08-2007 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveb (Post 15965)
Ya, your damn right. That Dave bloke is an evil MF. I mean, putting a gun to your head, forcing you to upgrade to Leopard, even though he knew damn well your primary backup software was not yet compatible, and still wouldn't be ready over 1 month later! What a git.

What? He didn't hold a gun to your head? Oh, you upgraded out of choice? Knowing full well your primary backup software was not going to work?

:rolleyes: Get a life.

visch1 12-08-2007 04:48 AM

See ya, off to find another prog...[/QUOTE]

Some just don't get it! I may not like waiting either but far prefer to wait than get not quite ready SF. Besides my impatience quite often shows my immature tendencies. This doesn’t seem to be a simple fix like changing a spark plug and being on your way for another couple years. I feel bad for the hard working crew working on this getting so much hammering.

Diazruanova 12-09-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveb (Post 15965)

LOL !!! :)

TMay 12-10-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromageTheDog (Post 16001)
:rolleyes: Get a life.

Fromage

I dunno, I kinda like the life he's already got. :D Just my $0.02.