Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mavericks Question -- Read Sticky (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6820)

rwross 10-22-2013 07:55 PM

Mavericks Question -- Read Sticky

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the sticky note on Mavericks.

One clarifying question. The scary kitten killing error message you referenced, does re-creating the scheduled copy under version 2.7.1 fix this problem?

And does it fix it for both OS X and Growl?

I just wanted to make sure I understood what steps to take before I deleted and re-created by scheduled copy using version 2.7.1

Much thanks!

dnanian 10-22-2013 08:29 PM

No, the prompt is fixed in 2.7.2. For 2.7.1, you'll have to respond to the prompt.

rwross 10-22-2013 08:52 PM

Gotcha...so I should wait to recreate the scheduled backups until after you release 2.7.2?

dnanian 10-22-2013 08:58 PM

You don't have to wait, but you'll have to do it again... :)

rwross 10-23-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnanian (Post 32516)
You don't have to wait, but you'll have to do it again... :)

:D Ok...someone is feeling jaunting...

Doing it now would not solve anything because there's no way around responding to the prompt until 2.7.2, right?

You are like a genie granting a wish...I'm likely to get my $100 Million wish granted by having a ton of gold dropped on my head :-P I have to be very careful with my phrasing :-)

Oh...and I know you rarely answer this in the 6 years since I've been using SD, but hope springs eternal: When do you think you will release 2.7.2? I have a scheduled backup this weekend and since it occurs in the middle of the night, I assume it will not proceed until I answer the prompts in the morning.

Sooo, was wondering if 2.7.2 would be available in the next couple days...

dnanian 10-23-2013 12:20 PM

Exactly. But the prompt will only happen once per schedule.

And you're right, I'm not going to say when 2.7.2 will come out except "when we're done". Sorry.

rwross 10-23-2013 12:29 PM

Oh...that's not too bad...let me be sure I have that right with a specific example.

My next backup, scheduled for 4:00 am this Saturday will halt because it needs me to approve an SD and Growl warning.

I Approve that sometime later in the morning and it completes the backup.

However, NEXT SATURDAY, that same schedule will execute without manual intervention?

dnanian 10-23-2013 12:29 PM

It should, yes.

rwross 10-26-2013 12:21 PM

Hi Dave,

I wanted to follow-up and make sure I handled my scheduled job correctly.

My Mac displayed two messages this morning:
  • First, I received the system accessibility message you alluded to in your your sticky
  • Second, the Growl rollup was displayed with a SuperDuper! Succeeded Message (which filled me with joy)

You mentioned that Growl would blow a message and I assumed I would need to clear the error before SD! would complete. Neither of these seemed to happen so should I be concerned that the backup was reported as successful but was not?

Finally, I went to accessibility and saw that a program called "applet" had requested system access. I assumed that was CopyJob but by a different name so approved it for future use.

Can you confirm that "applet" is yours and that this would be the best approach for now?

Much thanks!!

dnanian 10-26-2013 12:42 PM

Applet is the name or the executable inside the Copy Job application. Mavericks has a bug where it doesn't give the right application name.

Growl will sometimes give a message, but since you granted permission for the other "security problem" (which isn't a security problem), it's fine now.