Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My own include scripts (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6967)

Dewdman42 10-19-2015 02:58 PM

My own include scripts

Is there a way to include my own copy scripts inside of a higher level backup script? I can see that SD allows me to do that, but when I go to run the higher level backup script it complains that the included script can't be found inside the SD.app/Contents/...

I don't want to have to modify the contents of the SD app because I don't want to lose my customizations when I upgrade SD in the future.

so where can I place my own copy scripts which can then be included in other higher level copy scripts? I wish to have several different high level backup scripts that share a common list of excluded files, basically.

Dewdman42 10-19-2015 03:11 PM

I think I might have figured it out, by editing the .dset XML code directly I can put the full path name to

Code:

Library/Application Support/Super Duper!/Copy Scripts/myincludescript.dset
which seems to be working. Is there no way to do this in the GUI, only through editing the xml file? When I load the copy script in the GUI it does display the entire path name correctly. seems like if I choose an include script to use with a full path, SD ought to just remember that.

dnanian 10-19-2015 03:22 PM

So...the include tab is forcing the path to the standard scripts folder, even though you add it from Copy Scripts (the parent folder)?

Dewdman42 10-19-2015 03:56 PM

In the GUI when I open a copy script and then go to the include tab and then hit the + button, it opens up the file dialog to

Code:

~/Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!/Copy Scripts/
I then choose a script and it accepts it, and I see it listed in the list of includes. However when I run the backup I get the following error:

Code:

| 01:44:52 PM | Error | SDCopy: Unable to locate included copy script: xyzExcludeAlways.dset in /Applications/SuperDuper!.app/Contents/Resources
| 01:44:52 PM | Error | : No such file or directory

So then I tried to manually edit the dset file so that I can specify more of a full path name. I see that what is there when I configured via the GUI is not the full explicit path name, just the base name, I guess its assuming to find it in Standard Scripts.

So I tried to set it like this with full explicit path name in the dset file directly:
Code:

<key>Include Directives</key>
        <array>
                <string>Backup - all files.dset</string>
                <string>/Users/xyz/Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!/Copy Scripts/xyzExcludeLists/xyzExcludeAlways.dset</string>
        </array>

The above appears to work. When I go back to the GUI to view the copy script, it does display the whole explicit path name exactly as contained in the XML.

dnanian 10-19-2015 04:00 PM

Interesting. Clearly a bug, I'm sure there since day 1 - I'll get it logged. Thanks.