Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SuperDuper Tuesday (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3520)

2stepbay 02-04-2008 11:45 AM

SuperDuper Tuesday

Hi Dave

Thanks so much for today's Blog update. Looking forward to using the new and improved SD tomorrow! The hell with the "Super Tuesday" Presidential Primaries. This day belongs to you! One hell of an effort on your part to get this thing "right" while putting up with the rest of us. ;)

I hope you have a vacation planned to rest and restore. :cool:

jconnor 02-04-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2stepbay (Post 16988)
Hi Dave

Thanks so much for today's Blog update. Looking forward to using the new and improved SD tomorrow! The hell with the "Super Tuesday" Presidential Primaries. This day belongs to you! One hell of an effort on your part to get this thing "right" while putting up with the rest of us. ;)

Awesome news. I've been watching quietly with my un-installed Leopard disk on my desk.

I might still wait for 10.5.2 before installing Leopard. But this is still great news. Thanks Dave. You've got a much thicker skin than I.

bernietheone 02-04-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Hi Dave

Yeah! I second that.

The Hell freezes over and Timemachine warps to Yesterday to make room for the SuperDuper Future. I never awaited a Backup-Utility so passionately like this one, several TeraBytes are waiting for Backup here!

Your Blog-Stories sometimes reminded me of some Hitchcock-Movies...

Couldn't wait for the happy end tomorrow! Thanks for your hard work, thanks for fair info to all your customers along the way and may every possible bug be squashed...:)

All the best to you and your Betatesters!

rmiller501 02-04-2008 01:02 PM

Thank You :)

Anith 02-04-2008 01:14 PM

Thank you so much Dave! I never anticipated that I would care this much about the release date of software, especially a system utility.

Hey, here's a hilarious joke: release it on Wednesday instead, throw everybody off! :p

patrickm 02-04-2008 01:26 PM

Way to go Dave!!!!!!
One question. I have a 500 gig external which I partitioned, 130 megs for Duper Duper. The other partition is used for storage. I noticed that Apple's disk utility gives me a choice to partition, GUID partition table or Apple partition map. The GUID is for intel macs. Since this is an intel mac, I would assume I would use the GUID for the partition used for Super Duper, or does it matter?

patrickm

dnanian 02-04-2008 01:28 PM

GUID is a partition scheme for an entire drive, not just "one partition". Intel Macs work best if you use "GUID" for the drive.

mepavitt 02-04-2008 01:29 PM

Thanks!

Dave:

Thanks! Your persistence is appreciated.
Next step is to hold our breath when Leopard 10.5.2 hits the street.

This time it will be their turn to wait for you and see how SuperDuper! handles the update.

Will keep my fingers crossed.

kastegir 02-04-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Hi Dave

Amen to that. I'm looking forward to getting back on a regular backup schedule!

wavenumber 02-04-2008 04:22 PM

If candidate X doesn't win it will obviously be Dave's fault as he has planned on this release date all along just to keep voters busy. Any delays on poll results will also be his fault due to diverting computer resources to downloading the new version… ;)

Thanks for the update!

mac-10 02-04-2008 11:27 PM

Don't worry, we just won't use SuperDuper! to back up the results! ;)

Results on a government computer... You can run with it from there! :D

mac-10

chatoyer 02-04-2008 11:44 PM

OK, just had to check: anyone else waiting for 00:01 to see if Dave posts the .dmg? :)

Dave, I see you smiling, mate! Well done, and thanks. Seriously.

davebarnes 02-05-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatoyer (Post 17003)
OK, just had to check: anyone else waiting for 00:01 to see if Dave posts the .dmg?

It appears that me and 13 others are also waiting.

Felix 02-05-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatoyer (Post 17003)
OK, just had to check: anyone else waiting for 00:01 to see if Dave posts the .dmg?

Yep, just checking in. :)

Already 6:30 a.m. (Tuesday) in Western Europe. What's that my mom used to say, something about a watched pot never boils? Guess I'm just too impatient to snare this beauty early...on the off chance that Dave's servers might become overloaded and cause delays once the "masses" see the d/l link on VersionTracker, MacUpdate, Macworld, etc.

Actually, I was hoping he might post the d/l link a few hours early on his blog. Guess not.

mac-10 02-05-2008 12:52 AM

Well, it didn't go up at 12:01 EST (Weston, MA) time and that's where Dave's profile says he hails from...

I can't stay up until 12:01 PST (where Apple is and where I am) tonight, I did last night; but I have a train to catch in the morning! (I'll be 1,262,891 in line on the gasping servers tomorrow morning! :-D )

mac-10