Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Re-registering after computer crash (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2854)

kate.duhamel@gm 09-10-2007 05:07 PM

Re-registering after computer crash

My Mac crashed and I lost all applications. I have already bought SuperDuper! and have my Serial no., but can't figure out how to re-register it without buying it again. Please advise. Thanks.

dnanian 09-10-2007 05:15 PM

Just use the information in your receipt (you can retrieve it if you've lost it with the FAQ entry elsewhere in the forums) back into a fresh download, Kate.

kate.duhamel@gm 09-10-2007 05:29 PM

Um, what? Do I need more information than my serial no.? Am I supposed to go track down a receipt through a forum? I'm totally confused.

dnanian 09-10-2007 07:08 PM

It's best to have the original receipt, Kate. You can retrieve it from the instructions in the FAQ forum here -- to make it easier for you, since you're confused, here's a link to the post.

Once you have that, you can follow the steps in the receipt to re-download the product and enter the serial number.

Clearer? :)

kate.duhamel@gm 09-10-2007 07:30 PM

Sort of, except the link doesn't work. And when I search FAQ by "receipt" or SuperDuper! receipt" or "finding receipt", I get reply that there are no matches for those words. Still stuck - sorry.

dnanian 09-10-2007 07:53 PM

My mistake; missed a close quote. Try the link again.

kate.duhamel@gm 09-12-2007 02:14 PM

Nope - I've gotten to the same place three times. I download the program. Cannot find the way to register a serial no. I click on the SuperDuper! icon and it wants me to start the back-up process as unregistered.

I recall that I had to get help to get it registered the first time. Where do I go to register it. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THE SMART UPDATES!

I have the receipt, the order no., the serial no. Why is this so difficult?

KATE

dnanian 09-12-2007 02:20 PM

I don't know why you're finding it difficult, Kate. The instructions are in the receipt.

You need to choose "Register..." from the SuperDuper! application menu. This is the bold entry that says "SuperDuper!" right next to the Apple menu at the top of the screen.

Once there, copy and paste your name and the serial number from the receipt into the two fields, and then click OK.

That's all you have to do.

kate.duhamel@gm 09-12-2007 02:26 PM

How do you get to the SuperDuper! applications menu. There is no apple icon at the top of anything other than my desktop.

There is a SuperDuper! icon in my applications now. When I click on it, the only thing I get is the window to start the copy. It says I have an unregistered copy.

dnanian 09-12-2007 02:28 PM

The Apple menu is at the top left of your screen (in the menu bar), Kate. The SuperDuper! menu is right next to that (when SuperDuper! is running).