Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mavericks (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6819)

TimLawson 02-14-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnanian (Post 32744)
So close...storm's throwing a wrench into things, since I don't want to release when I might lose power and not be able to reply to people...

Oooh - sounds exciting. But yes, of course - priority no. 1 is to stay safe out there. Very windy and wet here in UK too...

macWish 03-05-2014 06:47 AM

Copy Job problems

I was having no problems with scheduled copies of SD! 2.7.1 with 10.9.1 and Applets checked in Privacy Panel of Security & Privacy. however, after updating to SD! 10.7.2 and OS X 10.9.2, the Copy Job dialog appears whenever SD! launches to perform a scheduled copy. SD! requires me to click the OK button on Copy Job dialog before proceeding. If I don't click OK, SD! quits without performing the scheduled copy.
There are 3 Applets, all checked, in the Privacy Panel and I have, for other reasons, deleted all the scheduled copies and set up a new schedule.
When I unchecked all 3 Applets, SD! launched and started a scheduled copy without the Copy Job dialog appearing.
Are the Applets no longer necessary in SD! 2.7.2?

dnanian 03-05-2014 07:57 AM

Did you delete and recreate your schedules? The Applet entries shouldn't have any effect any more - I don't know why they'd cause a Copy Job dialog to appear...

macWish 03-05-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnanian (Post 32784)
Did you delete and recreate your schedules? The Applet entries shouldn't have any effect any more - I don't know why they'd cause a Copy Job dialog to appear...

I deleted and recreated the schedule. Copy Job no longer appears. Is there a simple way to remove the Applets, since they are not activated?

dnanian 03-05-2014 09:19 AM

There's a ways to reset the entire Accessibility database with a command-line utility...send me some email.

macWish 03-21-2014 11:52 AM

I did not bother to clear the Accessibility database. SuperDuper! 2.7.2 operates without a hitch. BUT, at the time I installed 2.7.2, there were 3 Applets in the Accessibility Pref Panel. Today, I checked the panel for another reason and now there are 5 Applets and one was checked.

dnanian 03-21-2014 11:54 AM

I have no idea why Apple might be doing that, because we are not using the one command we used that triggered this ("exists process xxx").

macWish 03-21-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macWish (Post 32804)
I did not bother to clear the Accessibility database. SuperDuper! 2.7.2 operates without a hitch. BUT, at the time I installed 2.7.2, there were 3 Applets in the Accessibility Pref Panel. Today, I checked the panel for another reason and now there are 5 Applets and one was checked.

I did a bit more checking about the Applets. None of them were selected in the Accessibility Pane. I launched SD! and deleted all of the scheduled backups. I then re-checked the accessibility pane and all 5 Applets had reappeared. I have left them all unchecked and they don't seem to do anything but clutter up the Accessibility pane.

dnanian 03-21-2014 12:06 PM

"Reappeared"? I can't see how that's true - they never disappeared.