Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Easter Eggs in February? (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3563)

mac-10 02-07-2008 01:58 PM

Easter Eggs in February?

I'm guessing the it's only for registered users, but maybe an unregistered user can try it and let me know.

Either way, open the "About Super Duper!" and let it scroll to the end of the text (before the Shirt Pocket logo).

Dave, you're very welcome! ;)

mac-10

larryr3455 02-07-2008 02:29 PM

That made me smile. Thanks for the headsup.

Bruno_08 02-07-2008 03:58 PM

Excellent :)

anijhenry 02-08-2008 01:54 PM

Awesome. Without this post, I would have never paid attention to that.

RoBot 02-08-2008 03:38 PM

Good stuff!

john love 02-09-2008 01:58 PM

That is SOOOO!!! Cool

SOOOO!!! Cool .. and .. Awesome

don gmt 02-09-2008 02:16 PM

funny :)

shows Dave's great sense of humor!

Circe525 02-09-2008 11:09 PM

Way Cool!!

Made me smile, Bigtime

Lea

JFLNYC 02-10-2008 04:38 PM

Long-time user, first-time poster. That Easter Egg freaked me out when it came up! :)

I just want to say the SD is the best and you folks are often way too modest. SD does everything that TM and CCC do, plus more. I'm so glad I have the Leopard version now. I immediately turned off TM!

mykmelez 02-11-2008 01:03 AM

Hmm, I'm a registered user and don't see anything unusual at that point in the About popup for 2.5.

mac-10 02-11-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykmelez (Post 17365)
Hmm, I'm a registered user and don't see anything unusual at that point in the About popup for 2.5.

Hmmm... Sux to be you! :eek: (Nah, just kidding... :D )

Are you a registered user of the product or just registered to the forum?

If you watch the "About Super Duper!" and let it scroll all the way down, the last paragraph would have "special thanks..." then the Shirt Pocket logo.

Do you not have that? Be careful, just about anything will close that window. If you didn't see the final logo, you didn't get to the end - but you need to see the text RIGHT BEFORE the logo.

Best of luck!
mac-10

mykmelez 02-11-2008 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac-10 (Post 17366)
Are you a registered user of the product or just registered to the forum?

I'm a registered user.

Quote:

If you watch the "About Super Duper!" and let it scroll all the way down, the last paragraph would have "special thanks..." then the Shirt Pocket logo.
I see a paragraph starting "Special thanks" and then another starting "Extra special thanks" before the logo. Is that what you were referring to?

In any case, I wonder if the Justin Fitzhugh being thanked is the one who heads IT at Mozilla.

mac-10 02-11-2008 12:30 PM

It should be the last piece of text before the Shirt Pocket logo.

"... and to ?? -- for service above and beyond the call of duty!"

Can you also check the "Register..." panel and see what it has in there for "Registration Name:" ? I'm still curious whether it's getting the name from the reg key or a system call.

Best of luck!
mac-10

James 02-11-2008 01:57 PM

I never would have noticed that if I hadn't read this post.

This is what my registered version says, although I swapped my first and last name for, (my registered
name).

----Registered----
"Extra special thanks from Dave to Bruce for putting up with
tweak after tweak after tweak (after tweak)… and to (my registered
name) -- for service above and beyond the call of duty!"
----Registered----

I unregistered SuperDuper (by just moving my preference file) and this is what an unregistered version says,

----Unregistered----
"Extra special thanks from Dave to Bruce for putting up with
tweak after tweak after tweak (after tweak)…"
----Unregistered----

When you bought a license and registered SuperDuper, this info (name and serial) get stored in SuperDuper's preference file and it's from here where SuperDuper is getting the name from. It does not ask the system for a name as if it did (for me at least) it would not return the same name. I use a different name for my user account.

mykmelez 02-11-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac-10 (Post 17387)
It should be the last piece of text before the Shirt Pocket logo.

"... and to ?? -- for service above and beyond the call of duty!"

Aha! My copy was purchased for me by the IT head at my company, so his name appears there, which I initially thought was strange, but then I just assumed that he must have helped Dave figure out some problem at some point.