PDA

View Full Version : error starting permissions repair for disk1s1

RockBottom
09-05-2012, 12:21 PM
it seems to me that since the last update, SuperDuper! 2.7 (v90) has begun to detect errors that had never happened before when routinely cloning my [OS 10.4.11] boot volume:

Error starting permissions repair for disk1s1 d2 quadra 10:
Operation not supported for the Mac OS X version on the targeted disk (-9950)
****FAILED****: result=256 errno=22 (Unknown error: 0)

now you would think that disabling the permissions repair option would solve the problem, but it doesn't: I unchecked that option and got the same error 3 minutes later;
note that this happened while trying to clone an already-cloned volume to make yet another backup;
it doesn't happen when doing a direct backup onto that particular volume, so it's not a matter of partition type or format...

does this mean that indirect backups are forbidden, or is this an issue with the way I configured the program?

dnanian
09-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Unchecking the option would prevent the repair from happening. I have no idea how you've configured the program, but I'd suggest sending the log from "Send to shirt pocket" rather than posting these partial snippets to the forums.

I don't know what you mean by an "indirect backup" at all. But please do send the log and let me know there.