PDA

View Full Version : Drobo

Sigi
09-02-2008, 01:55 AM
Hello,

I want to move all my itunes songs to a Drobo 2nd Gen. Will netTunes work in this scenario?

Thanks
Sigi

dnanian
09-02-2008, 07:32 AM
netTunes doesn't move files, Sigi, no.

Sigi
09-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Daven,

I do not want to move files with netTunes. I have an imach on Tiger with a 500 GB harddrive. I have a Drobo und use it is primary storage of my iTunes songs. I do not have any songs on the Imac.

In addition to that I have an ibook which I would like to use to control my songs where my stereo set is. I am just not sure if I have access to it if the songs are on the Drobo.

Thanks

Sigi

dnanian
09-02-2008, 03:03 PM
netTunes remotes the iTunes interface on the server to any number of clients. It doesn't access the songs 'directly' at all... so I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do with it.

Sigi
09-03-2008, 04:18 AM
David,

thanks for your reply based on your comments it should work. What I want to set up is:

1. I run itunes on on imac
2. All the songs are stored on a Drobo - not on the imac
3. I have airport express to bring the songs to my stereo system which is a few rooms away from the imac
4. I have an ibook which I want to use to control itunes in the room with with the stereo set

As net tunes does not access files directly as you mentioned it should work I guess.

One more question:

where do I install netTunes - on my imac or on the ibook?

Thanks
sigi

dnanian
09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
On both: the server is on the iMac and the client on the iBook.