PDA

View Full Version : Issues with mounted disk images

HarryLime
02-20-2008, 11:55 PM
In the old days (10.4.10) and SD! 2.1(?), I had a scheduled job to smart update my users folder to a disk image on a NAS. It was not overly quick, but it worked fine.

Since updating to 10.5.2 and SD 2.5!, the first smart update works fine, but subsequent ones fail.

most recently with this error:
| 09:33:03 PM | Info | ......COMMAND => Verifying that mguserbackup ACL support matches al_book_hd
| 09:33:03 PM | Info | error (22) from /Volumes/xxxxxbackup. (Invalid argument)
| 09:33:03 PM | Error | ****FAILED****: result=5632 errno=0 (Unknown error: 0)

Another symptom is the volume containing the backup image can not be unmounted, supposedly in use (it's not). After a restart everything seemed to work fine. I wonder whether a sleep cycle in between may be to blame??

So basically, the routine that used to work fine is somehow broken now.

Thanks in advance..
MG

dnanian
02-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Please send the log in with the "Send to shirt pocket" button to support, HarryLime...

HarryLime
02-21-2008, 05:17 PM
but it looks like a OS issue not a SD! issue. I was able to force kill a Disk Management process, eject the disk, remount it and SD! backed it up fine. It seems like the OS has troubles keeping a mounted disk image active after a sleep cycle. Does this sound familiar?

dnanian
02-21-2008, 05:20 PM
It's possible that doing this across sleep could be a problem to a network drive, sure... if the image was open.

HarryLime
02-21-2008, 07:25 PM
But with 10.4 and SD! 2.1 this would work like a charm. Mounting the disk image containing all User data (~65 GB) takes quite a while over wireless, essentially doubling the time necessary for making the backup copy.

Odd too since in all other ways, 10.5 is much better in dealing with networked shares.