PDA

View Full Version : Hard drive folders?

legaltocarry
02-10-2008, 05:57 PM
I recently cloned my HD using SD and wonder why the folder structure is different from the original. The clone has only two folders; a "System" and a "Users" and that's all. Why doesn't it have the usual folders which are 'Applications", "Library", "System", and "Users". Tom

dnanian
02-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Did you use "Backup - all files" or "Backup - user files"?

legaltocarry
02-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi! Thanks for the response. I used the backup all files method. I cloned it 3 times before it would boot but the folder situation bothers me even though it boots. I thought about cloning with the disk utility and then using the schedule part of SD to backup user files daily but I was unsure if SD would see a clone done by the disk utility and go ahead and backup the user files daily. Tom

dnanian
02-10-2008, 06:31 PM
No, you can't use "Backup - user files" and expect that to be bootable. It'll delete everything but the user files, which is - I believe - what happened here. See the User's Guide for a description of this exact case...

legaltocarry
02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi! I'm sorry I used the smart backup feature in the schedule after I cloned the entire disk and got it to boot. Tom