PDA

View Full Version : Could not copy file with Cocoa frameworks...

Lathi
05-10-2005, 02:24 PM
I've had a really hard time getting today's backup. I did two smart copies, then reformatted the drive and started a fresh backup. In all three cases, it "hung" near the same point in the progress bar. I finally wised up and read the log and found this:

|01:49:55 PM|Info| WARNING: Caught I/O exception(2): No such file or directory
|01:49:55 PM|Info| WARNING: Source: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2/Legal.localized/Tiếng Việt.html, lstat(): 0
|01:49:55 PM|Info| WARNING: Target: /Volumes/External HD/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2/Legal.localized/Tiếng Việt.html, lstat(): -1
|01:49:55 PM|Info| WARNING: Could not copy file with Cocoa frameworks. Attempting to copy with ditto.

So, i deleted those files and trying another backup.... I expect it should work now. Just wanted to raise the issue.

dnanian
05-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Have you had any recent disk problems, "Lathi"?

Lathi
05-10-2005, 02:42 PM
The only thing that changes is I installed Adobe Photoshop CS2; which put the license files with the odd char-sets in the filenames.

dnanian
05-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Odd characters *shouldn't* cause a problem, but clearly did with both SD! and ditto. That's quite weird.

I've got Photoshop CS2 here and will test. Thanks.

Lathi
05-10-2005, 03:02 PM
I deleted all those foreign language license files and kicked off another smart backup. I got the same warnings on my .Trash folder and the backup hung again. So, I aborted, cleaned my Trash and did the backup again. I appear to be hung again. I don't see anything in the log this time out of the ordinary.

dnanian
05-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I think, perhaps, you should try rebuilding your file catalog, Lathi. Here's a link to a paper that describes the process:

http://www.coriolis-systems.com/manuals/CatalogRebuild.pdf

Let me know if that helps.