PDA

View Full Version : I missed a scheduled backup... what happens

myamiphil
08-21-2007, 10:49 PM
If I miss a scheduled backup, what will Super Duper do?

do the backup as soon as the alternate drive is turned on or connected? or when the Mac is turned on next time... or

drop the scheduled backup and wait for the next one...

Just wondering if SD is smart to remind the user to connect or prep the connections etc.

Phil

dnanian
08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
It'll skip the backup and wait for the next occurrence.

kohlgill
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
It'll skip the backup and wait for the next occurrence.

See, I found that after missing a scheduled backup, the SD window wouldn't close, and I couldn't quit SD. I could backup again, and the next backup would go fine, but SD would not auto-quit after a backup, until I restarted my Mac.

Tired of this behavior, I began Force-Quitting SD when it would sit in that mode. Now, if I miss a backup, I can quit SD just fine. But if I miss a backup, my mac won't recognize my external HD unless I restart.

Is this a common problem? Do I need to reinstall SD?

Kohl

dnanian
10-09-2007, 10:09 PM
OK, if a scheduled copy has failed because the destination isn't present, and you then change the pop-ups and run it by "hand", the settings are modified but SD is in a "no user interaction" mode so it won't prompt to save them. Cmd+s will save them and then you can quit.

But, the "missing a backup and the external HD won't be recognized" seems more like a hardware issue to me -- not anything with SD.

kohlgill
10-09-2007, 10:19 PM
OK, if a scheduled copy has failed because the destination isn't present, and you then change the pop-ups and run it by "hand", the settings are modified but SD is in a "no user interaction" mode so it won't prompt to save them. Cmd+s will save them and then you can quit.

But, the "missing a backup and the external HD won't be recognized" seems more like a hardware issue to me -- not anything with SD.

OK, I'll try it that way. Thanks.