Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2006, 09:27 AM

Scheduled back-up issue with Lacie d2

Twice now my scheduled back-up failed in the last 5 days. (I sent the log file to SuperDuper this morning).

After SD reported that it could not backup I went into disk utility and attempted to repair the disk, thinking I was having an issue with the Lacie d2. When I attempted to repair the disk "it failed to unmount", so I attempted to un-mount the drive and could not. I restarted my iMacG5 and repaired the disk with-out errors reported. I was also able to un-mount the drive and then re-mount it.

So I ran SD again (manually) and everything backed up fine, BTW it took over 6 minutes.

The only thing I can think of is that's changed are 2 things.
1. I installed XCODE.
2. I changed the internal HD icon to a custom one (which in turn changed the cloned copy. The last thing I did this morning AFTER having the problems and repairing the disk I changed the internal HD icon back to the normal one.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by fdwlaw; 02-01-2006 at 09:30 AM.