Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2005, 09:21 PM

Super Duper! saved my data

I have had a series of Macs since 1992. In all these years I never had a hard drive become unusable for me. When I first got a Mac, I would do back ups with floppys disks. they were such a pain! eventually I was lulled into a false sense of security because I found most drives to be remarkably reliable.

Well a couple of years ago I bought my first Maxtor drive (IBM and Hitachi have always been my first choice).

Two WEEKS ago, I finally bought a $260 Hitachi 400gb drive that I would dedicate to backing up. I bought Super Duper! and learned how to use it with the help of this forum AND with the help of the owner Dave.

Last week, I lost my first drive in all these years. It was that Maxtor. I have ordered a Hitachi replacement.. a 250 gb for $110. the good news I am reporting here is that because I am now using Super Duper, my Maxtor data is saved!

I want to thank Dave and Super Duper for providing with me the means for preventing a disaster.

It really IS important to back up your files! sure glad that I finally got around to it, that I used Super Duper!, and that I did it just in time.
Chris