Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2008, 03:43 AM

Unable to use the Trash, things are thrown away immediately

Hi, here's a complex one...

Before upgrading to Leopard, I decided to use SuperDuper to make a Sandbox on another partition. Then I upgraded the Sandbox to Leopard and used that as a startup volume some time. All worked fine on Leopard, except that Adobe CS3 licensing considered both partitions as separate computers. So I could only use it on either Tiger or Leopard. That took away the advantages of having a sandbox.

So I decided to not use the sandbox anymore. I upgraded the Tiger partition to Leopard and use that as my startup volume.

Then the problem occurred. Since then, I am unable to use the trash on my system. As soon as I move something to the trash, I get a warning "The item 'yadayada' will be removed immediately. Are you sure you want to continue?" This is normal when I want to trash something from a remote server in my network, but I get this all the time, everywhere on my boot drive. (My external drives that don't register permissions are fine)

I don't care too much about the trash, but it is annoying to confirm everything. And of course my main concern is that it is not normal behaviour, which often precedes big problems...

Running Tech Tool Pro and repairing permissions with Disk Utility didn't help anything.

Any clues?