Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2006, 12:48 AM

UI modification request

I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate place to request this but...

May I suggest that the UI for the schedule pane be modified slightly?

I'd like to see the "buttons" for selecting weeks/days changed to either:

A) simple checkboxes — I know this doesn't look as cool as the buttons, but it seems infinitely clearer to the user about what is an "on" state and an "off" state. While I love the OS X UI, I still can't really tell if "dark button = on" or "dark button = off". I think a more physical indication would be better than a visual one.

B) color-coded buttons — perhaps "green button= on", "red button = off" (or "light gray button = off"). While I personally like it, there are two problems: 1) users who are red/green color blind, and 2) these colors don't always communicate the same ideas in other cultures (case in point: here in Japan, green and blue are often called the same thing and carry identical meanings).