Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 02:22 PM

Is SD2 less aggressive in mounting last BU Vol

I thought I had a working system with applescript for a rotating offsite backup, but it seems that the problems with SD attempting to mount the last connected volume persist.

What I'd like is to name 3 different FW drives "backup" and have SD treat them all equally, smart updating each. We rotate two of these offsite (one in a secure place, one in transit). SD 1.5 was using something more than just the volume name, and threw up a dialog that would screw the automated script.

I thought I had gotten around this by naming the volumes backup1/backup2/backup3 and creating a different settings file for each. My backup script then looks to see which volume is mounted, and then launches SD with the appropriate settings. In my first tests this seemed to work, but now SD continues to try and connect to an old volume as soon as it launches.

The scheduler in SD2 is nice, but given that we rotate these drives in a rough weekly schedule, and there are three drives, there is no way for it to work for us, so I'll be sticking with Cron/Applescript which I'm fine with.

If SD2 still uses more than the volume name, how can I get it to stop trying to look for the old volume. I remember finding a thread here about the particular entry in the plist, which I think I can now nuke with applescript - looks like its SDSessionSettings.

If SD2 is unchanged in this behavior, can I assume that that same entry in the plist is the one thats causing the problem?

-Preston