Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 PM

time machine behavior, post clone of home disk

hi all,

i've got my home directory on a separate disk from my boot disk, and my home disk is running out of space.

i was planning on using SD! to make a clone of my home disk in order to move to a larger disk. i've got a time machine backup going as well.

in the past i'm pretty sure that time machine has considered a disk upgraded in this manner to be a whole new disk, and therefore it makes a brand new backup. i'd like to avoid this... does anyone have any hints?

i'm thinking that perhaps somehow i have to clone the UUID of the old disk to the new disk. is there anything more that has to be done to fool time machine into thinking the upgraded disk is identical to the old disk?

thanks for any ideas.