Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 06:13 PM

Carbonite tmp files

I have just started a Carbonite back routine, but SuperDuper errors out trying to copy the Carbonite_IBF files.

Error copying /Library/Application Support/Carbonite/Data/Carbonite_IBF_46132.tmp to /Volumes/SeagateBackup /Library/Application Support/Carbonite/Data/Carbonite_IBF_46132.tmp of type 8 due to error 2
| 04:44:45 PM | Error | SDCopy: Error copying /Library/Application Support/Carbonite/Data/Carbonite_IBF_46132.tmp to /Volumes/SeagateBackup /Library/Application Support/Carbonite/Data/Carbonite_IBF_46132.tmp of type 8 due to error 2: No such file or directory

I am familiar with editing copy scripts to exclude/include etc certain directories or files, but I would like to exclude files whose name contains Carbonite_IBF. I do not want to choose the whole /Library/Application Support/Carbonite/Data folder as Data also holds logs and data that I believe would be necessary to rebuild from the Carbonite backup. The Carbonite_IBF_xxxxx temp files change all the time, they are being created and deleted as Carbonite is running, with the xxxxx changing with each new tmp file, which is why SuperDuper is giving the file not found error.

Would I need to make an AppleScript to exclude files that contain Carbonite_IBF or is there a way in the SuperDuper Script editor that I have missed.

If I need to create a script can you guide me as to the basic script and I can modify it for my particular directory/file?

Running Snow Leopard and Lion and the latest version 2.6.4(v89) of SuperDuper.

Thank-you for a great product, have been using it for years on my machines and my customers. It has bailed out more than one customer when a hard drive failed. They were able to immediately boot to the backup and keep in business until I was able to get a new hard drive installed.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
I'd just ignore the whole Carbonite folder (the User's Guide explains how).
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
I'd just ignore the whole Carbonite folder (the User's Guide explains how).
Thanks for the usual quick reply.

Thanks, dnanian, I did that that already and it ran the back up fine.

I guess my concern is that my initial backup with Carbonite took over two weeks, and if something would go wrong and I had to replace my HD I wonder if Carbonite would need to run the whole backup routine again. In other words from the looks of the logs in the Carbonite folder is that where it keeps a record of what has already been backed up. I know it's not your product but wonder if you have any idea on this. I will contact Carbonite and see what they say and report back if you're not sure.

Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
I honestly don't know, sorry.