Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
SD! doesn't wake the computer from sleep, Tim. You have to set a wake event for one minute before the scheduled copy time.

(Totally different than Ric's report - which we've only had the one example of so far.)
Sorry if this is not within your remit, but how do I do that, Dave?

Also, what I'm experiencing doesn't seem so radically different to that which Ric's experiencing to me... my 10.30pm scheduled SD! backup doesn't run - I was only wondering if waking from sleep could have been the issue which you indicate isn't likely. The only time I've managed to get SD! to run a scheduled copy was the instance where I set it for two minutes into the future and then sat and watched it launch.

I've just created a new schedule, put my iMac to sleep and waited to see what would happen. The event did not run. I awoke the computer with a key press, noticed that the time was four minutes after my newly scheduled run time for SD! and then SD! launched with a message dialog stating that copying would take place in 10 seconds. I cancelled this. Let me know if you'd like me to reproduce it so as to be able to send you a log file.

Anyway, if you could let me know how to set a wake event, I'll try that and let you know how I get on after having set that up.