Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2009, 12:49 AM

Sandbox failing oddly

A short while ago I needed to change the size of my Sandbox, which is a partition on the same drive as my main volume ("Macintosh HD"). To do this, I cloned Macintosh HD to an external drive, and then used Disk Utility to repartition the drive. Obviously, this erased the volumes. I then recloned back to Macintosh HD from the external drive and recreated the Sandbox and booted off the Sandbox.

So far so good. A couple of days later, I rebooted my machine (from the Sandbox) and it was as if it booted with a different user (though it didn't--the user was the same, as I only have 1 user set up). All of the user preferences were no longer being respected. I got a "fresh" desktop, and the icons for Documents and Downloads were question marks.

I then recreated the Sandbox using "shared users and applications" and "smart copy" and all seemed to be well.

A couple of days later, I rebooted again from the Sandbox, and same problem. In the meantime I had rebooted at least a couple of times off of Sandbox without an issue.

Something seems to be failing here...any thoughts about what it might be? Some kind of corruption issue, it seems.