Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2005, 11:08 AM

SuperDuper / iPodRip / iPod backup ? many questions :)

Hello everyone !

I'm a brand new user of Super Duper and newly registered member on this forums.
But I have already so many things to say/ask

- first of all, I had SO MUCH trouble yesterday night when trying to clone my powerbook for the first time with Super Duper (I was a previous user of CCC before Tiger)
I had the "famous" error message "Could not disabled Ignore Permission"
(why me and not the ones who advised me to switch to Super Duper ? why me and not everyone ?)

But fortunately I found the answer on the forums (which I had trouble to register to too, but that's another story...), entered the magic command line on the terminal, and finally managed to get my first clone with Super Duper.

As I'm mainly interested in the Smart Update mode, I registered the app today.

One good thing done

- yesterday night was "backup night" and I decided to clone my iPod, which I didn't do for a long time.
Usually I use a very good piece of software called iPodRip : it allows to copy back from your iPod to the mac some tunes ;
but mainly it allows me to clone -I think the term "backup" is more appropriate- my iPod.
It's particularly important for me because I don't have my mp3 on my powerbook/iTunes Library : they're all on the iPod (wich IS my iTunes Library in a sort of way).

But yesterday night iPodRip would not recognize the iPod, would not either launch (it worked fine before).
I didn't use it since upgrading to Tiger, so maybe that's the cause (but I didn't find anything on the forums/web documenting it) .

But the thing I immediately thought about was : could the command line I've just entered prevent iPodRip from launching ?

Could it be possible there's a link between the two things ?

Other iPod related apps worked fine btw, and I back-uped my iPod with iPodAccess.

- So I'm asking here again the important question : could Super Duper clone/backup an iPod ?
Not necesseraly allowing to get songs one by one (that's not its purpose) but at least to have a clone safe somewhere "just in case" of theft or break.

Thanks for your time reading me and for your answer

http://baragouine.net/