Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2007, 09:38 AM

Incorrect # of ACLs

I've been using SuperDuper! for some time to smart-backup my iMac (G5 iSight) to a WD MyBook, but I've only recently started playing with booting from that drive and restoring the backup to the internal drive (in preparation for test-installing Leopard and iLife 08). During these last few sessions I've had to repair both disks because Disk Utility shows the error "Incorrect number of Access Control Lists" after backup/restore operations in both directions. The last time I repaired the internal drive after restoring from the external (using erase and copy), I noticed at the end of the repair that it reported there should have been 2 instead of 595454 (ACLs).

I know there is a check box in the advanced options for copying the ACLs during the backup, but I couldn't find a reference to this option in the user guide. It was checked by default. What does it do, and should I uncheck it?

Thanks for your help.