Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-04-2011, 09:42 AM
scott721 scott721 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Exclamation Growl 1.3 - no alerts

Growl has been upgraded to a full-fledged application sold ($1.99 and well worth it, in my opinion) in the Mac's App Store. The old pref pane is now gone - removal is required as part of the installation process - and the new application has several more features.

Sadly, though, the new version does not appear to be compatible with the latest version of SD. It would be very much appreciated if the good folks at Shirt Pocket could make the appropriate changes to SD so that Growl 1.3 would function with it.

SD, it should be said, is my #1 indispensable application - no matter how much convenience is offered by others the security of knowing that I've got a complete, accurate, usable backup available at any time makes it the only aftermarket application that I truly wouldn't live without. Thanks, as always, for the great work.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2011, 10:31 AM
joelw135 joelw135 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott721 View Post
Growl has been upgraded to a full-fledged application sold ($1.99 and well worth it, in my opinion) in the Mac's App Store. The old pref pane is now gone - removal is required as part of the installation process - and the new application has several more features.

Sadly, though, the new version does not appear to be compatible with the latest version of SD. It would be very much appreciated if the good folks at Shirt Pocket could make the appropriate changes to SD so that Growl 1.3 would function with it.

SD, it should be said, is my #1 indispensable application - no matter how much convenience is offered by others the security of knowing that I've got a complete, accurate, usable backup available at any time makes it the only aftermarket application that I truly wouldn't live without. Thanks, as always, for the great work.
I agree I have the same problem.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2011, 05:21 PM
dnanian's Avatar
dnanian dnanian is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Weston, MA
Posts: 14,294
Send a message via AIM to dnanian
It's unfortunate that Growl has broken compatibility in the latest update. I recommend not using the new version until we get a chance to investigate what might be wrong. I can't promise any timeframe for a fix.
__________________
--Dave Nanian
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2011, 05:23 PM
joelw135 joelw135 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
It's unfortunate that Growl has broken compatibility in the latest update. I recommend not using the new version until we get a chance to investigate what might be wrong. I can't promise any timeframe for a fix.
Thanks, at least you will try!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 PM
scott721 scott721 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelw135 View Post
Thanks, at least you will try!
Ditto that - we always appreciate the efforts of Dave & Co.

Unfortunately sticking with the earlier/pref pane version isn't an option for me as so many other alerts broke in Lion (starting to regret leaving Snow Leopard for lots of reasons including this one).

Thankfully SD is so reliable that I can trust it to run and will simply change the final result from "Quit SuperDuper!" to nothing so that I can see the application showing "OK" when I get to my desk in the morning after it runs at 4:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
joelw135 joelw135 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott721 View Post
Ditto that - we always appreciate the efforts of Dave & Co.

Unfortunately sticking with the earlier/pref pane version isn't an option for me as so many other alerts broke in Lion (starting to regret leaving Snow Leopard for lots of reasons including this one).

Thankfully SD is so reliable that I can trust it to run and will simply change the final result from "Quit SuperDuper!" to nothing so that I can see the application showing "OK" when I get to my desk in the morning after it runs at 4:00 AM.
I depend on the MailMe option of Growl to send an email if SuperDuper did a proper backup or failed for some unknown reason. I have had a drive unplugged and didn't know about it. So Growl is very important to me. Also I can't go back as I tried and it broke the other programs in Growl.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
growl


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another sneak peek: Backup Notification with Growl! dnanian General 47 01-24-2008 08:39 AM
Growl Issue: process "SuperDuper!" doesn't understand the exists message Mr. CoBalt General 5 01-16-2007 12:26 PM
Growl Notifications not sticking. raptor256 General 4 12-07-2006 09:14 PM
Growl getting sticky? nomis General 8 07-16-2006 06:33 AM
Growl send notification-network Budgie General 6 06-14-2006 06:44 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.