View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 02:41 PM

Dave,
My apologies for not relying to you sooner re. this issue - life sometimes just gets in the way, right? The problem of the jumping desktop icons upon reboot from the SD Clone continue.

I have now experimented with 2 different external hard drives, it happens with both. I have repaired/verified each drive. No apparent resolution as a result of this. I believe it has something to do with the SD program and "Finder" on my Mac. I cannot utilize Finder at all upon re-booting from the clone. Finder won't work.....and whatever application I have opened, just trying them out - finder reverts back to the last opened application. Anything on my dock that shows it is open, is what re-opens. Obviously, I would not be able to work from the SD Clone due to this problem. I did not try "safe Mode" as I wouldn't be using that as a work around if my MBPro failed.

You mentioned that you have not heard about this problem from anyone else???? I have no idea how to resolve this issue and am very concerned re. my ability to use the SD clones should I have the need.

Do you have any ideas as to the cause of the problem and how to fix it. Or should I re-install SD? (I imagine there's a way to do this?). I don't want to just give up on the program, its too important to me and my work. Thanks for your advice and possible remedies.