View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 09:02 AM

Ok, what did I do wrong?

I've got a Core Duo 1.83GHz MacBook. Its got a 60 Toshiba hd. I used Super Duper to make a couple images, one in Jan. and one in Feb. Two weeks ago my hd crashed, and Apple replaced it in under a week with the same size and type of drive. Now I'm trying to restore from at least one of the images I made before, preferably the Feb. one, but either one will get me most of my kids pictures back.

One of the images, the Jan. one, is a XXXX.sparseimage file, and the Feb. one is a XXX.dmg.sparseimage.

When I try to restore, using disk utility from the OEM install disk, one of the images from a firewire drive I can't. The restore window doesn't allow me to select an image from the external drive, and even when I manually type it in I can't type anything in the destination drive box. The restore window of the Disk Utililty says to just drag the drives to the desired locations, but nothing is "dragable". I can attach the image, but if I try to scan the image I get an "invalid argument" or "disk busy" error. This occurs with both images.

These images were made with an unregistered version of SD. I got no errors when they were made. Any chance of getting my files back?

Thanks,
Matthew