View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 08:40 PM

Thanks Chris. I added ".sh" to the file and changed the attribute to executable.

Although I do not get errors anymore, the network drive does not get unmounted.

Basically, my intent is to NOT have the network drive mounted after the copy is completed.

Maybe I should explain my situation:
  1. I have a Drobo attached to FW800 on a PowerMac G5 Quad.
  2. I create a NetWork Backup folder on the Drobo as the destination for disc image backups from SD.

NOTE: I do NOT share the Drobo volume
  3. I go to each Mac in our home office, mount the Drobo via "Connect As..." into the Admin account of the Drobo's host Mac.
  4. Create an alias of the Drobo volume on the Desktop, so the Admin ID and Password will be automatically entered when the alias is used to access the Drobo. I found SD would not mount the Drobo automatically if I did not create the Alias.
  5. With the Network drive mounted, create the SD copy event and schedule for the backup.
  6. (What I would like to happen) After SD has completed the copy and unmounted the Disc Image, SD unmounts the Drobo volume.

What, happens is, SD works perfectly, mounting the Drobo volume, mounts the backup disk image, completes the copy, unmounts the disk image, and then SD quits. However, the Drobo volume is still mounted.

The log show no errors and the script was executed.

Code:
| 03:41:33 PM | Info | ...ACTION: Running shell script eject Drobo2.sh
| 03:41:33 PM | Info | ......COMMAND => Invoking After Copy shell script: /Users/garysumlak/Documents/!Shell Scripts/eject Drobo2.sh
| 03:41:33 PM | Info | ...ACTION: Unmounting G52KDP User Folders
| 03:41:33 PM | Info | ......COMMAND => Unmounting '/Volumes/Drobo2/Network Backups/SuperDuper/G52KDP User Folders.sparseimage'
| 03:41:37 PM | Info |       "disk1" unmounted.
| 03:41:37 PM | Info |       "disk1" ejected.
| 03:41:37 PM | Info | Copy complete.

I am wondering, does SD have to wait for the script to complete before it goes on to the next step - i.e. unmounting the disk image? I know this was the case with using the apple script.

The main reason I want to unmount the Drobo volume is that if I turn of the Quad, any Mac connect to the Drobo will lock up because the Drobo is no longer available.

Here is the script I am using:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
nohup /bin/bash -c "sleep 30; diskutil unmount Drobo2" &
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

Last edited by Gary@tmi; 07-22-2009 at 08:57 PM.