View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:04 AM

Thanks, Dave.

So, it sounds like it'll be business as usual for the SD application and we won't see any major changes.

I was hoping you might have figured out some ingenious and innovative way to more closely integrate SD and Time Machine; thus, making SD the single "go-to" Mac app for backups...whether reconstituting an entire drive after a catastrophe or merely recovering (in a totally intuitive manner) a single file which had been mistakenly discarded a day, week or month ago. A new version of SD which would also be more network friendly for use on drives plugged into the newer AirPort Extremes. Further, a version which would automatically collapse Sparse Images to their smallest size when repeatedly backing up to them. I could go on but you get the idea.

Guess I'll just have to wait another 15 days (or until Leopard's release) to see if indeed you've been working on something which will be totally integrated and poised to blow the competition away. Or whether I'll be running two totally separate backup schemes (certainly not desirable). Or whether Time Machine alone will suffice.