View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 AM

When I followed the prompt you refer to I copied from the external hard drive. Accidentally I copied the Time Machine backup rather than the Super Duper backup. So that gave me the multiple files. I remember some of the choices on the external hd were "Storage", "System preferences", my user files, and "Backup". I was thinking that Storage was my SD backup. I was wrong. "Backup" is the name of my SD backup. So I pointed the new computer setup to Storage, system preferences and everything but the correct file ("Backup").

When the above did not work, I did a clean erase and install and did not copy from another Mac or drive (mistake) but went on and installed the applications disk that came with the new Mac. Then I ran the Migration Assistant plugged into my old Mac (which is still working for now at least). When that was finished I got 3 new folders on the hard drive. One said documents and had thousands of files and documents. One had all the applications and I don't remember what the third was.

I am now doing another clean erase and install and this time when prompted I am going to try to point it at the correct super duper back up on the external hard drive.

Thanks Dave,

Steve