View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 03:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to mmower Send a message via Skype™ to mmower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@wengam View Post
I am wondering if anyone has had a new Airport Extreme base station with attached USB drive(s) long enough to post a considered opinion of how well it works with SuperDuper!?
Dave has already posted some good factual information. My anecdotal experience has been that I wouldn't rely on backing up via Airport Disk.

I have setup a scheduled smart update to an Airport Disk hosted sparse image. The initial backup (over a wired connection) of about 60Gb took about 5.5hrs. This was acceptable and the image mounted snappily when I checked it out.

However some subsequent updates have not terminated, i.e. I have found SD still running after 7+ hours about half way through evaluating the files on the disk and seemingly wedged (although the app was perfectly responsive and I could stop the update).

I haven't pinned down the cause yet but backups to my local FW disk are unaffected.

I'm treating having a redundant backup image on the network as a good-to-have and continuing to rely on my local, bootable, FW clone.

Regards,

Matt