View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 10:38 AM

Good morning.

Well, I've had some success, but in the process created other problems.

I was able to transfer the iTunes music folder to the SATA drive and consolidate library, though in the process I lost SATA drive number 2 - it is not being recognized at all anymore. I have some suspicions as to why and can explain what I've done so it will be easier to troubleshoot.

I performed the consolidate library task and in the process my display went to sleep and wouldn't wake up, so I left the machine running overnight (because I knew copying the music folder could take up to three hours and I wanted to give it a chance to wake up after) - so, I reset the machine this morning and it wouldn't boot to the normal startup disk, it read "checking local disks" and hung. I then reset and option-booted into the orignal startup disk - this worked fine although both SATA drives were not recognized. I threw out the standard two cache files and two extension files and re-booted - the SATA1 drive was recognized (this is the one with the new iTunes music folder), but the SATA2 drive was not recognized. This SATA2 drive was the one I used SuperDuper! to backup the original full system to. I think the problem may be that when I did this the option was selected "after copy make SATA2 bootable" and I know I am not able to boot off of the Sonnet SATA card. When I copied the original system using SD! I noticed it said "after copy make SATA2 bootable" so I stopped the process and selected "do nothing" for after copy, though it still read for after copy "make SATA2 bootable," so I just went with it.

How do I recognize SATA2 now? I can erase it if I want as all of the data is still on the original PATA drive, though I can't even see the drive to erase it!

Thank you for your help.