Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How to clear/reset scheduled copies red errors? (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6932)

bkpr 04-11-2015 10:11 AM

How to clear/reset scheduled copies red errors?

Howdy. When a scheduled backup fails the line item in the scheduled copies window changes to red. Once I investigate and correct the error (disk space error or some temp file), I manually rerun the backup by hitting "Copy Now" from the scheduled copies window and it works fine this time, but the line items stays red.

Is there a way to reset the red coloured message back to black? Currently I remove the scheduled copy and reschedule it to achieve this? Essentially saying "I acknowledge there was a problem (thanks for alerting me), but I've fixed it all so please go back to non-alert mode until you encounter another problem."?

dnanian 04-11-2015 01:37 PM

That seems weird - I just tested here, and mine resets as soon as a successful copy is complete. Are you sure yours always remains red?

bkpr 04-12-2015 03:25 PM

Yes, it stays read. I just hit copy now on one backup, it did it's thing (including quitting SD once complete) and when I opened SD again, still red. Interestingly, the 'show log' on this item doesn't actually open a log. All other items do.

Now, on another red backup (which has run successfully since it failed a while back), I deleted it from the schedule, opened it from 'open recent' menu, and set up a schedule again, and it showed up in the list as red, even before running it.

Any ideas?

I'm feeling like a complete uninstall/reinstall of SD is needed. I've been having this problem for a long time as well as other small glitchy things after restores and reinstalls of the OS on many drives. I'll feel better about starting from ground zero (so to speak). I'll only do this if you don't need me to send you any logs of the current issue.

If I go down this route, does renaming brand new backups identically to previous carry/link over any deeply hidden settings? For example, if I rename a new backup BU1, will the app find hidden older files which may cause my 'ground zero' scenario to be conpromised?

dnanian 04-12-2015 03:40 PM

I'd just delete the schedules and recreate them. There's no "history" kept, so that won't "hurt" anything.

bkpr 04-12-2015 11:51 PM

"Now, on another red backup (which has run successfully since it failed a while back), I deleted it from the schedule, opened it from 'open recent' menu, and set up a schedule again, and it showed up in the list as red, even before running it."

There seems to be some kind of history kept, or something else going on. If I delete the schedule for a backup, load that backup from 'recent', and recreate the schedule, it immediately appears as red. Any thoughts?

dnanian 04-13-2015 07:02 AM

Did you delete *all* the schedules? Try that, quit SD, come back in and see whether that fixes things.