PDA

View Full Version : DW keeps reporting error of Clone

fdwlaw
12-02-2005, 08:36 PM
DW is not reporting any errors on my internal HD, however on the cloned HD I keep getting errors like this. See attached.

Thanks for your help.

dnanian
12-02-2005, 08:46 PM
While they are errors, they're very minor, relatively normal errors that won't affect the operation or data stored on the computer.

We've got some queries into the DW people to find out about the 'text encoding' errors (especially since we use Apple's own calls to copy the files), but the "date" kind of errors are because the drive was formatted at a different time than the original, and thus the file system and "disk" dates don't match. But, again, nothing to worry about.

prot
12-02-2005, 10:42 PM
David, just as a matter of interest, how responsive are developers in the Mac world to one another ?

dnanian
12-02-2005, 10:43 PM
I suppose that depends on what you mean, and what developers you're speaking of, prot. Some are helpful, some not... kind of like anything else. :)

fdwlaw
12-03-2005, 08:13 AM
The reason I ran DW on the clone is because I was using Disk Utility to repair the drive when I got the message that Disk Utility could not repair. Therefore I ran DW to repair, after I ran DW I went back to Disk Utility and ran it. That time Disk Utility reported every thing was fine (no errors). I decided to run DW again and that's when I got the message I sent you.

Should I NOT run DW on the cloned HD (and make repairs) unless Disk Utility reports problems (errors)?

Thanks

dnanian
12-03-2005, 08:46 AM
You can run DW on anything you'd like, actually -- but if you see these kinds of problems, it's more "background noise" than a real issue.