PDA

View Full Version : I am a newbie

jesper
02-12-2011, 02:51 PM
To All
I am new to the forum so please bear with me.I really like SuperDuper as a back up program/source since a had a hard drive-and time machine crash all on the same day not long ago. Go figure.
I have a couple of questions regarding the program and I did indeed read the help file:D
I did a full back up to my newly bought La Cie external drive and made it bootable
1. Did that back up in fact create a sandbox so in case of a system failure/crash I can restore my computer from La Cie?
2. If not can I create a sandbox on my La Cie and not erase my entire back up?
Thanks in advance,
Jesper

dnanian
02-12-2011, 03:10 PM
A Sandbox isn't what you need to restore - you should be making a "Backup - all files" as explained in the first few sections of the User's Guide (Help > User's Guide). Don't create a Sandbox - most non-developer, non-"pioneer" users don't need it these days.

jesper
02-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks Dave, So if my computer crashes I boot to my La Cie and restore from my back up?
Jesper

dnanian
02-12-2011, 03:31 PM
That's the idea (note that the LaCie has to be properly partitioned - see Help > Frequently Asked Questions - although they usually provide a little 'assistant' that properly partitions for you).

jesper
02-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Ok Just read pg 28 in the help file

jesper
02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
starting over. I did not partition the drive correctly:mad: