PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question - how to bring up first copy screen?

ScuseMe
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
This has been bugging me ever since I started using SuperDuper!

How do you bring up the first copy screen after it's been dismissed:

I end up quitting SD then restarting it. I can't figure out any other way. Please help me!

Thanks!

dnanian
11-28-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean. You closed the main window (the one in your screen shot)?

ScuseMe
11-28-2010, 01:44 PM
No Dave, I didn't close the window. Sometimes only the Scheduled Copies window remains open; the main window is closed (I verified this by doing a ⌘`).

I'm trying to figure out how to reproduce this, but I know it happens occasionally, since I want to create a new script and I'd like to use the dialog box (that I uploaded here), but the only thing I can bring up is the New Copy Script box.

edit - maybe it happens when a copy fails? I'll try to duplicate that.

dnanian
11-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Did you edit a schedule while it was running?

ScuseMe
11-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes you're right. I was editing a schedule while SD! was running a backup. In fact, I'm running a scheduled backup right now, and the main script configuration screen is not show, nor is there a menu choice to show it (I think this is true; I don't see one).

That's probably why I noticed it. I saw my schedule running, and wanted to add an additional backup, but I couldn't since the main script configuration window is not visible.

It's no big deal, I just noticed it the few times I wanted to create a new script, and the window's not there.

ScuseMe
12-03-2010, 04:16 AM
The first copy screen also doesn't appear when a scheduled backup is running. Sometimes, when this scheduled backup is occurring, I get the idea of creating another copy script, but I have to wait until the scheduled backup finishes, and then I can quit/restart SD! to bring up the copy creation dialog.

dnanian
12-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Yes, that's very much by design. One thing at a time... :)