PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand

Jack Mac112
07-09-2010, 01:25 AM
I have a iMac that has 3 administrative accounts ( A,B,C). I use A and while signed in to A I have installed all the software including SuperDuper. I have religiously backed up while signed in.

The back up is of the whole boot drive.

The other day I signed in under B. When I decided to do a manual back up the application identified itself as "unregistered". I found that odd as I own a copy and had installed it with serial number. Then when I started the full back up it erased the whole external drive and started a full copy.

I am wondering why it did not do a smart backup like it does when I sign in as A. Am I missing something how SuperDuper works? why did it noit recognize my ownership?

dnanian
07-09-2010, 08:52 AM
The registration information is stored under the user who entered the registration (user preferences). You'd have to enter the information again under user b.

As far as "why did it erase" - it did that because that's what you had selected.

Jack Mac112
07-10-2010, 09:14 AM
The registration information is stored under the user who entered the registration (user preferences). You'd have to enter the information again under user b.

As far as "why did it erase" - it did that because that's what you had selected.

Thank you for taking the time