PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Backups On Multiple Drives

vicchi
06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
I currently have SuperDuper scheduled to backup to a single FW 800 drive (LaCie 1TB) on a daily basis during the week.

But I have an additional FW 800 drive chained to my LaCie plus another FW 800 drive which gets plugged in at weekends.

Is it possible to schedule backups to more than one drive? The scheduling settings seem to inherit from whatever the current backup type and target volume is selected. Hopefully I'm missing something obvious.

dnanian
06-25-2010, 08:28 AM
You can create as many scheduled copies as you'd like. As explained in the User's Guide, once scheduled they're entirely separate from the main window: changes there don't affect existing schedules.

vicchi
06-25-2010, 03:07 PM
You can create as many scheduled copies as you'd like. As explained in the User's Guide, once scheduled they're entirely separate from the main window: changes there don't affect existing schedules.
... which is a really nice way of saying RTFM :-) ... I'll consult the manual and actually read it this time.

dnanian
06-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Honestly, I wasn't trying to say RTFM, since I was answering the question. Just indicating that the User's Guide (which no one reads, alas) has the information you need in it. :)