PDA

View Full Version : preserving icons on backup volume?

dlass
01-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Hope someone can help with this. I love SuperDuper, and have used it all the time on several machines at home and office for many years. It has saved my neck! But there's one small thing ...

I'd like to give the volume I back up to a distinctive icon. When I do that, everything is fine, until I back up. Then the distinctive icon disappears, and the backup volume ends up with the icon of the volume that's getting backed up. At least that's what seems to be happening. In some sense, this is understandable. That is, if I clone the volume, I clone the icon that goes with it!

So is there a workaround that would allow me to preserve the distinctive icon I give my backup volume?

dnanian
01-16-2010, 11:00 PM
SuperDuper! has preserved the backup icon on the destination volume since 2.5, as long as you're using Smart Update.

dlass
01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Ah, thank you. Several of my systems are old enough that they needed to stay on 10.3.9 so, given that SuperDuper! 2.1.4 was doing what I wanted it to do, and 2.5 was not for 10.3.9, I didn't upgrade any of them. Yet another reason to replace those older systems.