PDA

View Full Version : Unattended backup ...

bbriand
10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi,

Before going in sleep mode, my computer automatically permutes to the login window (root) without login off the user.

I want to execute my daily backups during the night unattended. The computer would be awaken by Power Manager at due time. Will SuperDuper launch and execute in background on that user ?

Thanks in advance.

Bertrand

dnanian
10-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Sorry, no: as explained in the Scheduling section of the User's Guide, the screen can't be locked when you sleep, or we can't run.

bbriand
10-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Sorry, no: as explained in the Scheduling section of the User's Guide, the screen can't be locked when you sleep, or we can't run.

The computer would not be sleeping but the user where SD is executing would be in background. It will have been awaken before the scheduled backup time by an utility called Power Manager.

Is the case different if instead of the login window, another user is frontmost and the user where SD is executing would be in background ?

Regards.

Bertrand

dnanian
10-27-2009, 10:14 AM
If the current user is active and onscreen, it should work. But if you've been switched to a different user, it won't. You can try, of course...

bbriand
11-09-2009, 09:48 AM
If the backup is started manually and if after, while it is executing, switch to another user, will SD continue to fully execute normally in background ?

dnanian
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
It should.