PDA

View Full Version : Backup on Connect not working

dbates
09-30-2009, 05:44 PM
I've had an issue with "Backup on Connect". The feature works perfectly on my own laptop with Leopard installed. When I mount my firewire drive, SuperDuper opens and begins its backup immediately.

I had different luck with a friend, though. I upgraded his SuperDuper installation to the 2.6.1, and failed to get "backup on connect" to work.

Here are the specifics:

He's got a PowerBook G4 with 512 MB of RAM running the latest version of Tiger. He's got a LaCie external drive connected through Firewire with two partitions on it.

I deleted all of the schedules and created the schedule with "backup on connect" selected as a completely new schedule.

When I connect the drive, SuperDuper does nothing. If I launch SuperDuper and do the copy manually, everything goes as expected.

Any suggestions on how debug things to get this feature working?

dnanian
09-30-2009, 05:49 PM
There's a known problem with backup-on-connect under Tiger that's fixed in the next update.

dbates
09-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks, Dave; I'll await the update.

Reboot
11-23-2009, 10:11 PM
There's a known problem with backup-on-connect under Tiger that's fixed in the next update.This has been fixed? I set it up for a customer today, I downloaded and registered it today so I'm assuming it was 2.6.2, but it would not backup on connect. I have had it work for a couple on Leopard and Snow Leopard, but haven't set up 2.6.x yet on Tiger.

iMac Core duo 2.0

Is there some amount of time after the schedule or something? I made a schedule, waited a minute or two, but when I connected the drive it wouldn't back up. It was the first time it would have backed up and I had a Smart Update scheduled, don't know if that matters, just thought I'd mention it.

Thx.

dnanian
11-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, it's fixed in house, and will be rolled out next update.