PDA

View Full Version : Bug Found: .sparsebundles


Aelver
09-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Not sure if you guys a aware of this or not (I recently upgraded to 10.6, along with SD! 2.6.1.).

I started using the option to save to a .sparsebundle through a schedule. I hadn't checked it until today, and found it was not working. For some reason SD! would fail on the mount.

Both of my .sparsebundles were pre-exisiting to 2.6.1, so I did not create them with SD!. To cut a long story short, I found one big bug:

If the mounted volume name and filename of the sparsebundle are not identical, SD! will not mount the .sparsebundle.

eg. Fail:

Filename:
Backup.sparsebundle

Mounted volume name:
"Backup Image Monthly"

eg. Successful:

Filename:
Backup.sparsebundle

Mounted volume name:
"Backup"

Thanks.

dnanian
09-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Yes, this is true with images, too. The filename has to match the volume name (we have to be able to predict what the name of the volume will be when mounted, and this is the way we do it).

Of course, when you generate the image/bundle from inside SuperDuper, it always meets this criteria.