PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Laptop freezes at BootScreen!!

DT5567
07-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Hiya...
I have an "IBM Thinkpad T21" When i first recieved it the thinkpad worked fine, :) One day I booted it up as usual when it froze at the WindowsXP bootscreen, :o I thought this was very odd, I then Re-installed WindowsXP 5 Times, This still did not solve the problem, Someone said it may have been the 20GB HDD, After much thought i went and bought a 40GB HDD, No sooner as i bought the replacement HDD the damn Laptop booted up fine, :confused: I wasnt gonna take any chances, I then installed the 40GB HDD and to this day booted up fine, Now i have the same problem, It just boots to the WindowsXP Bootscreen and thats it... :( Has anyone had this problem, If so Please Help!! :o hehe

Much Appreciated
Leon :cool: (aka DT5567)

dnanian
07-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Leon,

Sorry, we're rather Mac-focused around these parts, so I wouldn't expect to get a very useful reply, unfortunately... you might want to try the Recover Console and/or Safe Mode, though.

DT5567
07-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks mate, i appreciate your reply...

I have tried "Recover Console" To no avail, Ive also tried "Safe Mode" and again to no avail, althought it used to boot up in safe mode but now just freezes...

Do you know any other forum that may have some idea?

Thanks Again...
Leon

dnanian
07-21-2005, 01:42 PM
I'd try the various Microsoft-focused news groups, or a tool vendor who offers products for Windows that might handle this kind of thing -- Symantec, Dantz, Acronis and the like.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.