PDA

View Full Version : SD update - congrats but::: Eject????

tuni
08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Dave,
Installed this morning as always I am so pleasantly impressed and grateful for you who work and develop SD. I have never seen such timely response and such customer support with any of the myriad of programs I use now, or used to use on my PC.

I did however find that when I selected my options after dl & installing, when I did the Smart copy all files etc.....and I selected "eject" the SD clone backup it did NOT eject. The icon remained on my desktop along with the Sandbox icon. I use a Lacie 500GB FW Drive.

Shouldn't the desktop icon disappear as a result of the "eject" option or is there a logic that I'm missing? I did do a manual eject for both the SD backup and Sandbox and they both were ejected. Then I turned off the external drive. I was thinking, however, that selecting "eject" after copy would eject the primary SD backup. Am I wrong here???? Or what shouldhave happened?
thx:confused:

dnanian
08-28-2009, 01:36 PM
It ejects on quit. Did you quit?

tuni
08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Dave,

The options were: (IIRC) Quit/Reboot/Eject/etc....are you saying that I should have checked (after Smart Copy all files)"Quit" and also "Eject"???? Can you check 2 options?

dnanian
08-28-2009, 02:40 PM
No, it'll eject when you quit SuperDuper. Remember, on a schedule, SD! always quits when it's done (if it wasn't running when the schedule started).

tuni
08-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Dave,
I don't run SD on a schedule prefer to run it manually. so again, you're saying (I think?) to select "Quit SuperDuper" and then it will eject, right. I have seen this in the past on previous versions.

I mistakenly thought (after I did the update and ran SD today) that it would just eject itself w/o me selecting "quit" -

So that's what I did wrong.... ?????

dnanian
08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Previous versions didn't support eject-on-quit, though, so you probably didn't see it before. But that's how it works (because, if you have a series of drives set to back up, you don't want one to eject a volume before the other schedules have had a chance to do their thing).

tuni
08-28-2009, 03:13 PM
thanks, Dave - you're right it was a new option I hadn't seen before so I selected it. I'll continue to use the "quit" now as an option.....I'm so easily confused <LOL>

many thanks again,
tuni