PDA

View Full Version : script question

Nervous
06-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi,

I am very pleased with the performance of SD in backing up my boot drive. I now want to create a script which will back up specific folders on other drives which are also essential to my music/media workstation.

I am hoping to write a script which will back up specific folders from Drive B (internal) and Drive C (external FW) to a sparse image file on Drive D (external FW). I have used the "exlude all files.dset" script to start, and then have added each of the intended folders as script commands.

My question is: I am not sure how to get this script to start, as I do not know which one of the two source drives to select in the "copy from" menu.

Can you offer any guidance?

Thanks -

dnanian
06-16-2009, 10:19 PM
You can't include folders from separate volumes, Nervous - the script is always relative to the volumes selected in the source and destination pop-ups...

hoodsmom
09-12-2009, 01:50 PM
:confused: Along these lines, I want to set up a "No Backup" folder in a standard location (/Users/Shared/No Backup) on every volume I'm likely to be duplicating. To set this up initially, I navigated to an external volume I'm planning to duplicate (volumes/external volume/users/shared/no backup). Do I have to make a new copy script for every volume I might want to clone, or will my new script ignore /users/shared/no backup on any volume that has a "no backup" folder in /users/shared ?

dnanian
09-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Your script does not actually include the volume, which is selected from the pop-ups. So, when used, it will ignore that specific folder in Users/Shared regardless of source.