PDA

View Full Version : SD and Ext USB Toshiba HD

jsciullo
06-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I have a new MBP 17" and want to use SD to create a bootable backup using one of those very small Toshiba USB connected hard disk (the drive is a little bigger than a pack of cigarettes). Is there any problem with the set up and will I experience any issues when I unplug the ext hard drive. I wont unplug it during a back up!

Thanks,
Jim

dnanian
06-11-2009, 01:51 PM
It's not something I've tried, Jim, so I don't know. Should be fine - but make sure it's properly partitioned (see the FAQ - you should be using the "GUID" partition scheme).

Note: most of those tiny drives are not designed for heavy use. So be aware that it's not necessarily the best backup you can make.

jsciullo
06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks Dave. I have had great luck with the one that I use on my IBM laptop. It has been brutilized and still keeps ticking. These are not critical Mac's so Im looking more towards small, easy to carry drives.

Thanks,
Jim

BTW, love your product!!!!

It's not something I've tried, Jim, so I don't know. Should be fine - but make sure it's properly partitioned (see the FAQ - you should be using the "GUID" partition scheme).

Note: most of those tiny drives are not designed for heavy use. So be aware that it's not necessarily the best backup you can make.