PDA

View Full Version : error message in superduper

bigy
01-13-2009, 11:11 PM
when i try to copy my mac(osx 10.4.11) hd to an wd 250g external hd using superduper after about an hour i get the followong error message: failed to copy files from mac hd to external hd
on the log on the last line it has the fgollowing:error ditto: /library/aplication support/garageband/garageband demo songs/garageband demo songs/last chance.band/freeze files/./dev02-inst013-1139729621.aif: input/output error what am i doing wrong?? please help!!!!

dnanian
01-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Looks like that particular demo song is damaged, bigy. See the Troubleshooting section of the User's Guide...

dmorgen
06-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Dave. I'm finally joining you in the Mac World & loving it. I'm developing an iPhone app.

Overnight I ran SuperDuper on my MacBook Pro & got a similar message on a Garageband guitar lesson file. The target is on an NTFS drive on a Windows XP Pro system. It got about 60gb into it before running into the error.

Coincidentally, I was planning on installing a Garageband update after SuperDuper completed. But now I'll try some recommendations from the Troubleshooting section of the User Guide.

Is this a common problem, i.e. bad Garageband files?

Dave

dnanian
06-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I think Garageband files show up a bit more often because they're large and pretty static - that is, they were part of the preinstall and haven't been updated since the laptop was purchased.