PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Drive - Would this work?

pseudoyams
01-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I have a MacMini - G4 1.5, 1 GB RAM, 80GB HDD, Running 10.4.something (whatever the latest is). My hard drive is basically full and I have a 160GB that I want to install. I also want to upgrade to Leopard and have SuperDuper and and external hard drive that is partitioned - 80GB for backups, remainder for other misc data. So, would this work?

Do a bootable system backup to the external hard drive
Replace the 80GB drive with the 160GB
Install Leopard on the 160GB
Use the 'Migrate from another Mac' thing to copy my data from the backup on the external drive

Seems like it would work, but unsure if the 'Migrate from another Mac' app will grab the data from an external drive that has one system partition and one not. So, would this work or maybe is there an easier way?

-Rob

dnanian
01-08-2009, 10:10 AM
That should work just fine. Point it at the volume with the backup on it, and make sure it's a full "Backup - all files" with "Smart Update" or "erase, then copy" made DIRECTLY to the drive (not to an image).

pseudoyams
01-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Everything worked good and it all transferred over. Thanks! But, now SuperDuper says its unreg'd and I cant find me key. Is there a place where it stores that info so I can copy it over or get my reg info resent to me?

-Rob

dnanian
01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Check your Time/Date, Rob, but if that's not it, the FAQ has the steps to retrieve your license.

pseudoyams
01-14-2009, 09:53 AM
I checked my date and time. Everything is right. I went to the site to get my key and for the life of me I cant remember which email I purchased it under (it was 2-3 years ago). I entered all of the ones I could remember and they all no orders under that email. So, what can I do to get my software re-reg'd?

-Rob

dnanian
01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
You'll have to drop me a note to support so I can try to assist there.