PDA

View Full Version : Backup error .hotfiles.btree file

tberens
06-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Here is a portion of my log. Can I just delete this file?

TIA

Tom

|10:34:02 AM|Info| Ignoring /private/var/tmp/3fd8c233295bc
|10:34:02 AM|Info| Ignoring /private/var/vm
|10:40:37 AM|Info| Ignoring /Volumes/80GB_Ext_Drive_1
|10:40:37 AM|Info| Ignoring /Volumes/Untitled
|10:40:37 AM|Info| Ignoring /Volumes/Backup Drive
|10:40:46 AM|Info| Ignoring /Volumes/Aki
|10:40:46 AM|Info| Ignoring /Volumes/80GB_Ext_Drive_2
|10:40:46 AM|Info| Ignoring /Volumes/Video
|10:40:46 AM|Info| Ignoring /Volumes/Tiger
|10:40:46 AM|Info| Ignoring /.Trashes
|10:40:46 AM|Info| Ignoring /.vol
|10:40:46 AM|Info| WARNING: Caught I/O exception(16): Resource busy
|10:40:46 AM|Info| WARNING: Source: /.hotfiles.btree, lstat(): 0
|10:40:46 AM|Info| WARNING: Target: /Volumes/80GB_Ext_Drive_1/.hotfiles.btree, lstat(): 0
|10:40:46 AM|Info| Logging attributes for item: /.hotfiles.btree of type: 8
|10:40:46 AM|Error| SVUclone: Error: Couldn't create

dnanian
06-27-2005, 11:07 AM
No, don't delete this file: it'll just get recreted by the system.

The problem you're hitting is an intermittent thing we've seen on some Tiger systems. Since the file itself is recreated by the system, and is disk dependent, it's OK to ignore. I've attached a script you can use to do so (the script assumes you're using "Backup - all files") -- just download and unzip this to the Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!/Copy Scripts folder, and then select it in the 3rd pop-up ("using script named") in the main interface.

tberens
06-27-2005, 02:21 PM

The problem you're hitting is an intermittent thing we've seen on some Tiger systems.

Your script worked! Thanks for the solution and the superb turnaround time on my problem. I'm recommending SD to all my customers!

Tom

dnanian
06-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Glad it worked, and thanks for the compliments, Tom!

fellow
07-20-2005, 08:08 PM

The problem you're hitting is an intermittent thing we've seen on some Tiger systems. Since the file itself is recreated by the system, and is disk dependent, it's OK to ignore. I've attached a script you can use to do so (the script assumes you're using "Backup - all files") -- just download and unzip this to the Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!/Copy Scripts folder, and then select it in the 3rd pop-up ("using script named") in the main interface.

Hi Dave,

I've had some problems since doing a clean install of Tiger. My "successful" clones do not boot. Also, as with the user above, I recieve this error. Will your script work with the <<erase and copy all>> as well as the <<smart update>> options?

Thanks,

fellow

P.S.- I've had post this with Firefox, since Safari fails with vBulletin.

dnanian
07-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Hi, fellow. Yes, it will work with any options: the script is independent of the option.

If your successful clones won't boot, are you sure your drive is compatible with Tiger? If so, if you could provide me (through support email) with the system.log from a failed boot attempt (you'll find it on the clone volume in /private/var/log/system.log), I'll take a look and see if I can find an explanation.

Regarding vBulletin -- I use Safari all the time with it: in fact, I'm doing so now! What issues are you having?